Over the summer Cliques Photo Booth had the pleasure of setting up a custom themed photo booth for Summer Solstice, an annual charity event held at The Playboy Mansion. Getting into The Mansion with our gear was a struggle. Security was tight and there were cameras everywhere. In order to enter, one must be on a guest list. It took us about an hour to enter just to set-up.
After setting up we had to go to a, “secret,” parking garage where we were escorted back to The Mansion via a VIP bus.
Throughout the evening, we hung out with Hugh Hefner‘s personal security (Wait…shouldn’t they have been looking after Hugh?). We learned a lot from them about The Mansion:
1. Hefner has his own Hollywood Walk of Fame Star on the property.
2. Hefner purchased the mansion in 1971 for 1.5 million. Today it’s worth 50 million.
3. There is a secret room called the, “Elvis Room,” that the public has never seen.
4. The Mansion is the only private home in Los Angeles to have pyrotechnic license for setting off fireworks.
5. The Mansion is one in few homes that has a zoo license.
6. 70 staff members work at The Mansion.
7. The Playboy Mansion used to be called the Playboy “West” because Hef had an east coast mansion as well. He now only owns one.
PS: We think Hef is a pretty cool guy!
PPS: Pleas post this on Facebook and re-Tweet!